Tuesday, May 1, 2012

About Me Tuesday

So, I've been looking for a way to get motivated to start blogging more consistently and the day I went looking around for said motivation, I wandered onto another favorite delinquent blog (yes, Ms. Lola, I'm looking at you).  And there I discovered the Blog me Maybe Blogfest.  Well, I'm in.


Here's the format (and you don't have to post every day or visit every participating blog, but I am very excited to try).


Mondays: May I tell you something about writing?
This can be anything writing-related. A post on craft. A post on your process. A snippet of your WIP, if you like to share. A book on craft that you want to recommend. Things you struggle with. Things you rock at. ANYTHING at all! 

Tuesdays: May I tell you something about myself?
Pretty self-explanatory :) Share something about yourself that your followers might not know. Or maybe they do. It doesn't matter--this is just so people who read your blog can get to know you a little better. 

Wednesdays: May I ask something about you?
Ask your followers something about themselves. 

Thursdays: May I tell you something about someone else?
Make this post about someone else. A writing friend. A critique partner. A person from history who's fascinating. A character from a book. Anyone you want. :) Have a guest poster. Give an interview. Get creative! Just let the spotlight shine on someone else. 

Fridays: May I share something funny?
Fridays = the starts of weekends! BOOYA. Reason to celebrate and laugh on it's own--plus, who doesn't want to see something amusing after a long week?



So, for today, I'm going to start with something easy, something everyone might not know about me.  


If I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life, this is the one I would choose.




Happy Tuesday Everyone!


Book Trailer for my YA debut The Wild Wood







3 comments:

Laura Marcella said...

Hello, Julie! I love that song, too! It's a classic. :)

Somehow I missed that you have a novel releasing in June. Congratulations!!! This is so exciting! I've gotta add you to my Blog Buddy Must-Reads page!

Your blog's new design looks awesome!!

Lola Sharp said...

I am the slackeriest blogger in all the land, 'tis true.
*hangs head in shame*

I LOVE THAT SONG too. :)

I'm so glad you joined us in our little blog fest!

Love,
Lola

Ghenet Myrthil said...

My husband and I incorporated that song into our wedding day! We had our bridal party walk down the aisle to it. Every time I hear it now, it makes me so happy. :)