Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Dear Blog Letter:

Dearest Blog-apotamus (everything sounds funnier with -potamus on the end, just ask my dogs),


Almost a month has passed since my last post, and I wanted you to know that this distance isn’t your fault. It’s nothing you’ve done. It’s me. It’s my “other” writing. It’s coming between us. And I want you to know that you are still loved, and all the other blogs out there are still loved by me, though I haven’t stopped by in a while.


You know I’m not moderate sometimes. You know that I have these fevers, these obsessions with fiction that drive away everything else. And that’s where I’ve been, typing so much it’s hard to use my fingers. Eating almond butter and grape jelly sandwiches every day just so I don’t have to cook anything that will require taking time to do more dishes. Playing with the dogs, while working on my laptop, plotting stories while I mow the lawn. Yes, I know, I seem like someone who needs meds, but I’m happy. And as my blog, I would think that you cared about my happiness.


Pause.


Oh, you don’t. You think I’m a loser who is ignoring my responsibilities. Well, if you are going to be like that about it, fine. See if care.


Pause.


You are right. I’ll try to do better. I will even promise a new post on or before Monday in which I will share photos from my super secret outing tomorrow, during which I will be meeting one of my author heroes, who is also thankfully one of my dearest friends.


And so, fair thee well, little blog. You are not forgotten.


Julie


P.S. Happy writing everyone!


Quote for the Day from Henry David Thoreau


“I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately, I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, To put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die Discover that I had not lived.”

4 comments:

Debra Lynn Lazar said...

Man, do we need to catch up! Can't wait to hear about your super secret outing (I've got a good guess) and everything else in your world. X's & O's, Your favorite AC.

Laura Marcella said...

Wouldn't it be nice if woodland creatures did our housework and made our meals? According to Disney that's what's supposed to happen. Well, I'm still waiting! ;)

Elena Solodow said...

Fine, fine. Do your WRITING. Sheesh.

The Golden Eagle said...

"Super secret outing"? :)