Monday, September 27, 2010

Contest #1 Winner and Contest #2 Announcement

Congratulations to Carolina Valdez Miller, the winner of my first ever contest. She will soon be receiving the first three books in Alyson Noel’s Immortals Series. I wish her very happy reading.

But the contests aren’t over. Contest #2 starts now and ends at midnight on Sunday, October 3rd. The lucky winner will receive two very different books (both YA... go figure).


For a book you won’t be able to put down, I submit The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan, and for a very sweet and imaginative book that will help you recover from the emotional exhaustion of your harrowing journey in the forest (yeah, there’s zombies in there), I submit The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry. How about that. :)

Same rules apply for this contest and include:


1 entry for commenting on this post
+2 for becoming a follower (+3 if you are already a follower)
+2 for tweeting about this contest
+2 for posting or linking to this contest on your blog/website/Facebook

Entries close at midnight Sunday, and I’ll randomly choose the winner. I’ll post the winner on Monday, October 4th, and email for the address. The contest is open to bloggers in the United States and Canada.

And check back on Thursday. I’m participating in the Banned Book Week Blogging Event by reviewing my favorite banned book. If you want to participate, get on over to
Tahereh Mafi’s blog and sign up on the master list. Gotta show those banned books some love this week (and every other week, if you ask me).

Quote for the Day from Groucho Marx

“I find television to be very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go in the other room and read a book.”

12 comments:

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Thank you so much, Jules!! I'm so excited!! Yay! What a great contest, and so generous of you!

Don't enter me for Forest of Hands and Teeth! I already have that one, which is amazing!! Such an intense, fast read. But I'll link to it on my blog! It's such a great book!

Melissa said...

Forest of Hands in Teeth seems to be a hot book to give in contests right now. Interesting.

Congrats to the winner!

Lola Sharp said...

CONGRATS to Carol! :)

You are sweet to do two back-to-back contests, Julie.

Okay, count me in...

comment-1
'old' follower-3
tweeting-2
sidebar on blog-2
Total=8

Thanks...and I hope you're having a great week! :)
Love,
Lola

Krystal said...

Congrats Carol!

Enter me in this contest please and thanks!
+1 entry for commenting on this post
+3 if you are already a follower
+2 adding contest to my sidebar!
= 6!

Thanks :)

Taffy said...

Good books! Thanks for your giveaway!

+1 comment
+2 became a follower
=3

Janet Johnson said...

I was disappointed I missed your first contest, but yay! I made it in time for #2. :)

Look forward to the banned book post. It stuns me to find out how many books have been banned.

So new follower, +1 for commenting= +3

Lynda Young said...

Aw, I'm Aussie so I can't join in the fun. Oh well. Best of luck to everyone

Margo Berendsen said...

Updating my side bar for your new contest! I'm a follower already. I think that's 5 points.

Faith said...

Popped over from a post on my blog, and lookie here! A contest! I'll bite :)

I'll become a follower (+2) and here's my comment (+1).

Both books sound great, thanks for running the contest!

nfmgirl said...

I've been dying for this one since before it was released! Please count me in. Thank you!

+2 I follow

+2 Tweet:
http://twitter.com/nfmgirl/status/26031357420

+2 Blogged:
http://twitter.com/nfmgirl/status/26031357420

nfmgirl AT gmail DOT com

Julia said...

Count me in! I've wanted to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth for awhile!

I became a follower and commented so please put me in for three entries!

Thank you!

Julia

julia (dot) girvin.gmail.com

julia.girvin@gmail.com

mersagr said...

+FOLLEWR
+2TWITTER https://twitter.com/home
+2BLOGGShttp://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=623309617
+1 COMMENT I LIKE IT KEEP ON