Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bad News

I was going to post a blog I'd already written, but want to take a moment to share some bad news. I just heard tonight that a wonderful young man I had the privilege to know when I was a teacher has died. My heart is absolutely wrecked. He had just graduated college and was going to become a teacher. Life feels too fragile, and altogether wrong. His mom should not have to bury her son. And the world needs more of the good ones, not less. And DJ Tilche was one of the good ones. His easy smile I will never forget.

So, please take a moment to send supportive vibes and/or say a prayer for his family, his stellar mom especially. I can't even imagine the depth of what she's feeling, but I hope she knows all the lives DJ touched were better for that gift, and we will never forget him.

8 comments:

Indigo said...

This is such daunting sad news sweet friend. Of course I'm sending good vibes and prayers on the smoke for this young man's family. I can't imagine a parent having to bury a child.

Your in my thoughts as well during this time of sorrow. (Hugs)Indigo

Jemi Fraser said...

That is such sad news. I agree - it's so heart-breaking when someone so young, so full of potential dies. We've been through it recently in our circle as well.

So incredibly sad. My thoughts and vibes are on their way to you and the young man's family.

Take care of each other. *hugs*

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Julie, I am so sorry. My prayers are with his mother.

Laura Marcella said...

I'm sorry, Julie. :( My thoughts and prayers are with DJ's family and friends.

Tricia said...

It certainly seems like the good ones are leaving us. It already feels like the scale is tipped the other way. I'm so sorry for your loss and that of his family.

Kasie West said...

Ah, man. That's really sad. It's hard to hear stuff like that. One of my biggest fears in life is having to live through a child's death. Thanks for sharing with us a little piece about him.

Robert Blood said...

I taught DJ in high school. He was a good kid back then too. My thoghts are with his family & friends.

Julie said...

Thanks everyone for sending prayers out to DJ's family.

Robert, I knew DJ when he was in middle school, and I worked with his amazing mother for several years. It's amazing to think of all the lives he touched. I haven't seen DJ in a few years, but I hate that he's not still in the world. What a terrible loss for us all.