Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Award Time

I really didn't know what I wanted to write about this week, which is perhaps a reflection on all of the things I didn't want to blog about: my forays into house cleaning in preparation for company, my obsession with my snowman-themed Christmas tree, my flat out addiction to Christmas music, or how much I laugh at my border collie when he eats too much snow and gets brain freeze and whines. Thankfully, Caroline gave me the perfect topic for the day: an award.

The duties inherent in said award include sharing one fun fact about my childhood reading life and sharing five blogs to visit.

Okay, prepare yourself because my childhood reading fact is embarassing (not slightly). I loved the Black Stallion series by Walter Farley and could often be found reading them while seated on my imagined horse, complete with rope reins in case the chair/horse (yes, it had a self-made saddle on it) got too unruly. "Whoa, horsey," I uttered more often than I should admit. Thank goodness my parents didn't have a video camera, otherwise that clip would be airing on Youtube.

Five (Read as Two because I'm in a hurry) Blogs to Visit:

1. Kasie West cracks me up, and you've got to read her post lambasting the elbow.

2. Let's push Debbie Schubert to embrace Subliminal Mondays. (I'm treasurer of the peer-pressure campaign. We do need someone to make buttons and flyers.)

Quote for the Day

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

2 comments:

DebraLSchubert said...

Whoa, horsey! Naaaayyy. (Sorry, that's my best horse noise.)

So, are you saying you want Subliminal Mondays to be like a regular-ish feature on my blog? Wow! That's a great idea! I'm so glad you thought of it!

[God, you're a pain in my you-know-what. Fine. Whatever, I'll do it. You win.]

Kasie West said...

Okay, that's a funny childhood story. I'll have to try to remember one from mine. Thanks for the award.

My husband is addicted to Christmas music too. I, however, am not. We somehow manage to survive Christmas without killing each other (which would put a damper on the season) and get back to our otherwise perfect relationship when the music is gone. :) Actually now that I think about it, we don't agree on any music. My music is awesome, and his is yucky.