Monday, November 2, 2009

A Little Blog Bling


A big thank you to Debbie over at Write on Target for sending me my first blog bling in the shape of a Kreativ Blogger award. Yippee... and then responsibilities and rules. Yikes. Okay, I've linked to and thanked Debbie—check. I've copied the picture and added it to the blog—check.

So, seven things about myself that you don't know:

1. I've sort-of-kinda become a sushi-eating veganish person (health reasons more than philosophical reasons) after being a loud and proud carnivore my entire life. (This has made me even more careful about using the word never, after I said, just a couple months ago, that I would never, ever be a veganish person.)

2. Nobody in my family is thrilled with the information contained in number one.

3. My childhood dream was to run away and join the circus, which makes absolutely no sense because I am terrified of clowns.

4. I met and instantly fell head over heels in love with a French Bulldog named Louie at the park yesterday. I even hatched a plan to snatch Louie and run, but my border collie said, "Absolutely not. I'm smarter than he is now or will ever be. Now, do take me home or I will treat you like an unruly sheep."

5. I am working on two different YA stories right now and have been cheating on them by creating the playlist for the YA story I am going to write when they are finished.

6. Illicit playlist creation makes me feel naughty.

7. If I could only hear one song over and over for the rest of my life, today that song would be "The Old Ways" by Loreena McKennitt.

Next, choose three (okay, it said seven, but I'm new to all this blogging stuff, so I'd like a special accommodation here) other bloggers to pass the award to:

1. Stephanie's Stories - I really enjoy Stephanie's take on things and that she's a therapist makes me feel some instant healing when I read her blog. :)

2. City Girl Lifestyle - I found this blog when I was thinking of changing my eating patterns and found a lot of great stuff.

3. Shattered Prose - Indigo's got a very unique outlook and she's not afraid to let the readers into her real story. That courage is to be respected.

The Rules to Pass Along:

1) Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog.
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and link to their blog. (Thanks again, Sharon, you princess, you!)
3) Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
4) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
5) Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6) Notify your 7 bloggers.

Now, to alert the winners and I'm calling this battle won. :)

Quote for the Day from "The Old Ways" by Loreena McKennitt

"Suddenly I knew that you'd have to go
My world was not yours, your eyes told me so
Yet it was there I felt the crossroads of time
And I wondered why."

10 comments:

DebraLSchubert said...

Gorgeous lyrics and great post. I'm happy to be the one to honor you with your first blog bling. And cheating on your YA stories? You naughty, naughty girl!

Stephanie said...

Wow, Julie. Thank you so much. As you probably know, writing on a blog leaves you wondering if anybody is really out there. "Is this thing on?" I find myself wondering some days. This award reminds me why I write. I guess "this thing" is on.
Much appreciated, Julie!
xo

Kasie West said...

Number 5 & 6!!!! LOL So funny. I must admit I make playlists too, but don't know that I've ever made one for a future book. That makes me laugh.

Jemi Fraser said...

I've never made a playlist, but it sounds like a great way for me to procrastinate when I'm at a tough spot in the ms! I'll have to go check out that song as well as the other blogs :)

Indigo said...

Thank you! I'm honored. I do tend to break the rules though - frequently (winks). I'm so delighted Debra introduced you to me. I truly do enjoy reading you.

I always wanted to be a singer, but I'm deaf. Not happening. I also think clows are freaky. They even made a movie about it "Killer Clown from Outer Space" and of course Stephen King's "It".

I'm having a terrible time finishing the 1st draft of my second book...because I'm already submerged in the 3rd. I think I just need a break from the 2nd storyline. (Hugs)Indigo

Julie said...

Debbie,

Thanks again for my first award. If only I'd remembered to thank the Academy. :)

Stephanie,

Your blog rocks. I look forward to my future reading enjoyment stopping over at your place... and reading your memoir too (but if you make me cry with your memoir, you better promise some free therapy with each book purchased.)

Julie said...

Kasie,

Your blog cracked me up today (emotionally scarring your son with those lovable crocs). I can't even watch those nature shows because eventually everything has to get sick and be left by the herd or eaten by something with large teeth in a dwindling ecosystem.

On the playlist topic, sometimes a song will bring me to the story idea (as it has been with the new idea that I am cheating on my other stories for). And once the first song was there, others raced to join it. And I just let them, woo them, and invite them onto my playlist, while my other playlists pout and get grumbly. They are like children I tell you. (perhaps I should show them the crocodile video). ;)

Julie said...

Jemi,

I couldn't write without music. The playlists take me into the story quickly. It's as though the music is like a key to my pretend world of the story I'm writing and I can just drop all the real life stuff and disappear into my story. The music has especially been crucial since I am alternating two different stories every other day. I really thought one of my stories would lose the battle and I'd just be writing the winner, but they were both pesky and fun and in the end I couldn't stop. But I'm not planning to do this ever again.

As always, thanks for stopping in.

Julie said...

Indigo,

Thanks for dropping by and always being supportive of my new blogging endeavor. And yes, working on multiple story ideas is tricky and makes the head fuzzier inside all the time. But sometimes it's good to take a break from one story line and get some clarity. Good luck with your writing.

City Girl said...

I am SO glad you liked the acorn squash :) I made it tonight myself and it really is just lovely, isn't it? Have a wonderful week and look for the blog award post on Tuesday :)